4 Steps To Your Child’s School SelectionAugust 11, 2023 2023-08-11 0:12
<strong>4 Steps To Your Child’s School Selection</strong>
4 Steps To Your Child’s School Selection
Read the blog to understand the steps you must follow to choose the right school for your child.
One of the most important yet challenging decisions that you ought to make as a parent is selecting the right school for your child. You must evaluate various aspects, including your child’s learning needs, abilities, school location, institutional reputation, etc. The right school is one that creates a nurturing environment for your child.
In this blog, we have outlined the 4 different steps you can take to select a school for your child. If you are pondering about “how do I choose a school for my child?”, then this blog is a must-read for you.
Ultimate Guide To Choosing The Right School For Your Child
Following are the essential steps you must follow to choose the right school for your child.
Step 1: Understand your child’s needs
The very fundamental step to choosing the right school for your child is to understand his/her needs. Each child is unique, and so are their learning and personal needs. Some children prefer to learn in a structured environment, while others prefer to learn in a free, unstructured learning space. So, as a first step, you must understand your child’s preference when it comes to learning needs.
When it comes to learning needs, you must assess the following.
- What is your child’s preference? Does he/she need a structured environment or an unstructured one?
- Does your child require individual attention?
- Does your child need extra care and special attention?
- Does your child learn by listening?
- Is your child a logical thinker?
- What is the appropriate proximity of the school?
Step 2: Dive deep and do your own research
Just like how you would buy a product or service for yourself, do extensive research. List down the schools in your proximity and analyze the following.
- Check the website of the list of schools and look for information about each of the schools in your list.
- Check for the reputation of the schools and enquire about the quality of education from the parents who have already admitted their children to the same school.
- Check about their teaching methodologies and approach. Check if they follow a structured approach or allow unstructured methods.
- Keep a tab on the academic performance of the students who take education courses from the school. This will give you an overall idea about the quality of education in that school.
- Ask parents this question- What are your reasons for choosing this school for your child?
- Also, check if the school follows safety and precautionary measures.
Step 3: Plan a visit to the schools
To have a deeper understanding of the school and the coaching style, you must visit the school once and take stock of the curriculum, culture, reputation, degree of parental involvement, etc. When you visit the school, check the following.
- Is the school maintained neat and clean?
- How is the school infrastructure?
- Does the school have labs and experimentation facilities?
- Is the school disciplined enough?
- How are the teachers? Do they communicate well?
- What is the principal’s approach to education?
- What is the vision of the school?
- Does the school prioritize both academics as well as extracurriculars?
- Are the teachers happy and friendly?
- How do teachers communicate with the children?
- Does the school environment feel positive?
- What is the degree of parental involvement in children learning
- Does the school arrange parent meetings once in a while?
- How do other parents view the school?
- Has the school won any awards and recognitions?
Step 4: Apply to the schools you choose
Once you confirm a list of schools after the visits, apply to the schools that you choose. The best suggestion is to apply to more than one school. When you do so, you mitigate the risk of rejections. Even if one school rejects it, you may find admission to another.
You must do the following in this step.
- Check out the application procedure for that particular school.
- Fill out the application for each of the schools.
- Keep a tab on the deadline for application submission.
- Once you submit the application, do keep track and follow up periodically.
- Check if the schools would notify you about the selection process.
How can I choose the best school in Coimbatore?
Coimbatore is known for its schools and colleges and houses some of the best institutions. It is a vibrant educational hub. Beyond, it is also a prominent industrial hub. Owing to all these, it remains one of the most sought after when it comes to schools and colleges.
Coimbatore has some of the reputed, best CBSE schools in India. The benefits of studying in CBSE school right from nursery is paramount. You must invest enough time to choose the right CBSE school for your child’s Bright Future, It houses the top engineering and medical institutes in the country. So, if you are looking for an industrious, developed city to settle down, Coimbatore remains an appropriate choice for many. If you are choosing the best CBSE school in Coimbatore for your child, you must check out Aksharam International School.
Aksharam International School is one of the best Schools in Coimbatore and has a state-of-the-art infrastructure. The school has well qualified teachers who hold diverse strengths and expertise in the subject. The school offers a blend of practical and conceptual learning for children. So, students gain practical as well as theoretical exposure to real-time concepts.